Vehicular assault convictions can lead to serious jail time, restricted driving privileges, heavy fines and much more. Your ability to drive to and from work, to pick up your kids and to live your life could be changed forever. The Blanch Law Firm’s experience with vehicular assault makes us well-suited to defend any individual facing vehicular assault charges. With over fifty years of combined experience defending vehicular assault cases, our assault lawyer team has a successful track record that his highly-sought after.
We assign multiple criminal defense attorneys to every vehicular assault case, ensuring our clients of a comprehensive and successful vehicular assault defense. Our track record of winning positive judgments for our clients is unmatched.
Dedication to Our Clients Freedom
The Blanch Law Firm measures success by the outcome of each case. The primary objective of every vehicular assault lawyer at our criminal defense firm is to keep you out of prison and free from heavy fines. Our successful track record of defending clients is well-respected in the legal community and highly sought after throughout New York. We dedicate multiple attorneys to every case so that you never have to spend a minute in a jail cell for vehicular assault.
Vehicular Assault Penalties
At The Blanch Law Firm, our vehicular assault lawyer team is adopts a results oriented approach to every case. New York vehicular assault laws hand down serious penalties if you’re convicted, penalties which take your family time, financial security and other freedoms.
- First Degree Vehicular Assault is a D-Felony with up to 7 years in prison, a fine of up to $5,000 and up to 5 years probation.
- Second Degree Vehicular Assault is an E-Felony with up to 4 years in prison, a fine of up to $5,000 and up to five years probation.
- Aggravated Vehicular Assault can lead to up to 15 years in prison, 5 years probation and a $5,000 fine.
Vehicular Assault Law
The Blanch Law Firm’s highly-skilled vehicular assault lawyer team possesses a keen knowledge of the laws governing vehicular assault.
- First degree vehicular assault includes: you commit vehicular assault with a blood-alcohol-content of .18% of higher; you commit vehicular assault with a license that was revoked due to a previous DUI/DWI; you have been convicted of DUI/DWI in the last ten years and then commit vehicular assault; your vehicular assault crime injures more than one person; or if you have been convicted of vehicular assault before.
- You can be found guilty of vehicular assault in the second degree in New York if: you cause physical injury to someone while operating a motor vehicle and while intoxicated or impaired by drugs; you cause physical harm to someone while you are operating a motor vehicle weighing over 18,000 pounds containing flammable gas, radioactive materials or explosives; or if you cause serious physical injury to someone while operating a snow-mobile or an all-terrain vehicle.
- You can be found guilty of aggravated vehicular assault in New York if: you commit vehicular assault in the first degree while driving a motor vehicle in a manner which unreasonably interferes with the free and proper use of the public highway or unreasonably endangers users of the of the public highway.
Contact The Blanch Law Firm
To speak with a vehicular assault lawyer about your assault defense concerns, Contact The Blanch Law Firm by calling 212-736-3900 to arrange an initial consultation.