At The Blanch Law Firm, we understand the complex and delicate nature of defending people accused of sexual assault; every sexual assault lawyer at our sex crimes defense firm is equipped to successfully defend anyone accused of sexual assault. Our criminal defense firm assigns multiple assault lawyers to every sexual assault case we handle, assuring a comprehensive defense strategy.
The firm’s successful track record and unique background makes us one of the premier sexual assault defense law firms in New York State and New York City. Sexual assault charges have serious consequences, including the potential to be marked as a sex offender which would limit many of your freedoms; freedoms such as where you can live and where you spend your time. Sexual assault charges require an assault lawyer with in-depth knowledge and experience in order to protect your freedoms.
Sexual Assault Experience
The Blanch Law Firm’s successful track record of sexual assault defense includes:
- Our Client was charged with multiple incidents of the forcible rape (sexual assault) of an individual who was less than 15 years old. If convicted, the client would have been exposed to over 50 years in jail. The Blanch Law Firm was able to have all charges against our client dismissed before trial.
Sexual Assault Lawyer Background
At The Blanch Law Firm, our sexual assault lawyer team possesses a unique background, as well as excellent knowledge of prosecution tactics and law enforcement investigations. Almost every member our sexual assault lawyer team worked in New York City District Attorneys Offices; having worked on both sides of sexual assault and sex crime cases gives our sexual assault lawyers one-of-a-kind experience.
Sexual Assault Penalties
Part of the reason a sexual assault lawyer is such a necessity is that the penalties for sexual assault are severe. Mandatory penalties, harsh minimum sentences and potential listing on sex offender websites is a reality that no one wants to be exposed to. Specific sexual assault penalties include:
- Mandated probation and parole conditions have been added for anyone released after a child molestation conviction, aimed at keeping them away from playgrounds, schoolyards and other child settings.
- There is no reduced bail or the ability to be released on your own recognizance for anyone convicted of someone convicted of a class A, B or C felony sex crime.
- If added to the sex offender registry, Internet account information will be added to your registry, including screen names and aliases.
- Five years of prison time will be added to the maximum sentence for sexually assaulting a child contacted through the Internet.
- Defending cases has also become more difficult, because a new law passed states that if a prosecutor fails to reveal non-essential documents to the defense, it will not result in a vacated conviction.
Sexual Assault Law
Sexual assault, sometimes called rape, is defined as sexual activity that is not consensual. Sexual assault can include sexual intercourse, any criminal sexual act that may not include penetration, sexual contact, forcible touching or aggravated sexual contact.
In New York State, sexual assault laws have various wrinkles, including a provision that requires compensation for the victims of sex crimes. If drugs are involved in the rape/sexual assault (such as GHB or the date rape drug), then it is listed as a D-level felony which carries with it increased jail time, fines and/or probation. There are also newer provisions a sexual assault lawyer must be concerned with, including the creation of the crime of persistent sexual abuse for repeat sexual offenders which is an E-level felony, and the creation of the crime of Aggravated Sexual Abuse IV that broadens conditions under which aggravated sexual abuse can be charged.
Contact The Blanch Law Firm
To speak with a sexual assault lawyer about your sexual crimes defense concerns, Contact The Blanch Law Firm by calling (646) 755-3350 to arrange an initial consultation.