Related Charges to Assault
Charges Related to Assault
At The Blanch Law Firm, every criminal defense attorney is highly skilled in defending a variety of criminal offenses, including those that are related to assault charges. Our assault lawyer team possesses the necessary skills and knowledge to craft a sophisticated defense for anyone accused of misdemeanor assault or felony assault.
In addition, our criminal defense attorney team can defend people facing charges related to assault, including: battery; hate crime; armed robbery; robbery; kidnapping; false imprisonment; and more.
Our results driven approach to assault cases is exceptional; we assign five or more members of our assault lawyer team to every client we serve. This strategy assures our criminal defense attorney team will provide a comprehensive defense as well as deliver a successful result.
If you have been charged with assault and/or any other crime, Contact The Blanch Law Firm today.
Nature of An Assault Charge
An assault charge is usually coupled with other criminal charges as the crime typically happens during the course of other activities. For example, assault and battery is commonly referred to in movies, television shows and so forth because assault and battery are usually alleged during the same incident. Assault charges carry a specific set of penalties, as do the various crimes that someone can be charged with in addition to assault.
- Battery Charges A battery charge could be coupled with an assault charge, as in â€œassault and battery. A battery charge can be simple battery, sexual battery, family-violence battery, aggravated battery or similar charge. The Blanch Law Firm’s successful track record of defending such charges is highly sought after throughout New York City and New York State.
- Hate Crimes A hate crime charge can be a serious challenge to defend because it is loosely defined and can be based upon the alleged victim’s gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or other classification. The Blanch Law Firm’s experience with hate crime laws and hate crime charges is unparalleled, in part because of our criminal defense attorney team’s background in district attorney’s offices. If the assault charge takes place in combination with an alleged hate crime, the penalty can be more severe.
- Armed Robbery Armed robbery is a theft crime which involves a weapon during the course of a robbery. This eminent threat can easily lead to an assault charge from prosecutor if the District Attorney’s Office wants to increase the potential penalties. The Blanch Law Firm’s assault lawyer team spent years working in New York District Attorneys Offices and can use this unique, insider knowledge to aid your defense.
- Robbery Robbery is a crime that involves the threat of violence or some other form of intimidation. A prosecutor could very easily add an assault charge to such a crime, which would add increased prison time as well as heavier fines. The Blanch Law Firm’s skill in defending robbery charges has helped scores of people avoid prison time, fines, probation and other penalties.
- Kidnapping Assault charges can sometimes be included in a kidnapping case. Kidnapping is the taking away of a person against the person’s will. If that kidnapping crime involves threats, harming the alleged victim or intent to harm the victim in conjunction with the kidnapping, an assault charge will most likely be added by the prosecution. In such cases, having a highly-qualified criminal defense attorney from The Blanch Law Firm on your side can keep you out of prison. The Blanch Law Firm also has specific experience with crimes related to kidnapping such as false imprisonment, human trafficking and other crimes which could be charged alongside assault.
The Blanch Law Firm’s criminal defense experience is widely respected throughout the City and State of New York, as well as in other states such as New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut. Our dedicated assault lawyer team can defend against any and all criminal charges and provide a successful, effective result for each and every client we serve.
Contact The Blanch Law Firm
If you face any of the assault related charges above or any others, you are entitled to a strong defense. Contact the Blanch Law Firm today by calling (646) 755-3350 to schedule an initial consultation.